Find out how one adjustment on my serve helped me beat a player I always struggled to win against. I’ll show you my thought process behind each decision I made that lead me to this new, winning serve strategy.
Then I’ll discuss another match I played recently where I cracked my racquet. My partner and I got demolished 6-0, 6-2. In this case, I had been on vacation for two weeks previously and only had one week to prepare. Needless to say, I didn’t prepare properly. I’ll talk about what went wrong, and what I would do differently next time.
This 55-page Ebook includes EVERYTHING you need to know
Serve Tactics Guaranteed to Make Holding Serve Easy
Learn to hide your weaknesses, force return errors, and create game plans with your doubles partner to hold serve more often.
Interview Notes from this Podcast
*To help support The Tennis Tribe & provide more free content like this, we may earn a percentage of purchases through the links below. See our affiliate page for more info.
- Previous strategy episode: 3 Doubles Strategy Stories from Real Matches
- Learn the variables to adjust in episode 14: Creating a Gameplan & Making In-Match Adjustments
- Interview with Jorge Capestany
- The Cuban Davis Cup Drill maximizes touches from the net & baseline.
- The Romanian Davis Cup Drill helps with volleys.
- Interview with Steve Smith
- The Shadow Doubles Drill will help you win the crosscourt battle in doubles.