Find out how one adjustment on my serve helped me beat a player I always struggled to win against. I’ll show you my thought process behind each decision I made that lead me to this new, winning serve strategy.
Then I’ll discuss another match I played recently where I cracked my racquet. My partner and I got demolished 6-0, 6-2. In this case, I had been on vacation for two weeks previously and only had one week to prepare. Needless to say, I didn’t prepare properly. I’ll talk about what went wrong, and what I would do differently next time.
Interview Notes from this Podcast
*To help support The Tennis Tribe & provide more free content like this, we may earn a percentage of purchases through the links below. See our affiliate page for more info.
- Previous strategy episode: 3 Doubles Strategy Stories from Real Matches
- Learn the variables to adjust in episode 14: Creating a Gameplan & Making In-Match Adjustments
- Interview with Jorge Capestany
- The Cuban Davis Cup Drill maximizes touches from the net & baseline.
- The Romanian Davis Cup Drill helps with volleys.
- Interview with Steve Smith
- The Shadow Doubles Drill will help you win the crosscourt battle in doubles.