When you buy a product through our links below, we may earn money from our affiliate partners to help support the site. However, this does not affect our evaluation or recommendation of each product. See our list of partners & how we get paid here. You can also learn our process for reviewing tennis gear here.
If you need to buy a gift for a tennis player for Christmas, a birthday, or some other special occasion, you’ll find some great ideas below.
We’ve researched and reviewed all the products based on quality to help you find the best tennis gift possible. Below, you’ll see the best tennis books, racquets, apparel, on-court gear, and a few fun gifts for men, women, and junior tennis players.
Quick List of the Top Tennis Gifts
Here is our quick list of the best tennis gifts if you need to shop fast.
- Vessel Baseline Tennis Bag – Best High-End Tennis Bag
- The Geau Sport Tennis Backpack – Best Tennis Backpack
- Women’s Tennis Apparel
- Nike: Skirts, Leggings, Pants
- Adidas Women’s Tennis Gear
- Ace the Moon – Tennis Shirt (discount code: TRIBE)
- Hit Happy Perfect Tennis Necklace – Best jewelry
- Tennis & Wine Mug – Great for wine drinkers
- K Bell Tennis Socks
- Vessel Tote Tennis Bag – Best Bag for Ladies
- Tennis Ball Bath Bombs
- Men’s Tennis Apparel: Shorts, Shirts
- Ace the Moon – Tennis Hat
- Tennis Pint Glass – Great for beer drinkers
- Funny Tennis Socks
- String Theory by David Foster Wallace – Best reading for pleasure
- Inner Game of Tennis by Timothy Gallwey – Best for improvement
- Open by Andre Agassi – Best Biography
- 50th Anniversary US Open Tennis Book – Coffee table book
- Head TI S6 – Best Beginner Racquet
- Topspin Pro Training Aid – #1 Training Aid
- Functional Tennis Pointer – Great training tool for coaches & players
- For Juniors
- Junior Tennis Racquet
- Junior Tennis Apparel
- Tennis Hair Ties – Great for girls
- Best Tennis Coach Mug
- Hit Happy Tennis Drink Tumbler
- Tennis Warehouse Gift Card
The tennis gift that you give will depend on the age, gender, and skill level of the tennis player you’re shopping for. We’ve categorized the gifts for different types of tennis players or fans below to make finding the right gift easy for you.
The Best Tennis Gifts for Readers: 4 Books That Every Tennis Lover Should Read
If the tennis player you’re buying for is a reader, then the four books below are the best gift options.
- String Theory by David Foster Wallace is, in this writer’s opinion, the best tennis book ever written. Any tennis player will appreciate Wallace’s knowledge of the game, and the way he accurately describes certain feelings and nuances that only tennis players understand. This compilation of long-form essays on topics ranging from playing tennis in a thunderstorm to Roger Federer make a fantastic tennis gift for people who read for pleasure.
- The Inner Game of Tennis by Timothy Gallwey is the best book for competitive tennis players who want to improve their game. This book is used by coaches from all sports worldwide to help their players achieve a higher level of mental performance. It will help tennis players perform better under pressure and find consistent improvement in their tennis game.
- Open by Andre Agassi is another must-read for tennis players. Agassi describes in intimate detail what his life and career were like on the pro tour. Any tennis player would love this book as a gift.
- If you’re looking for a coffee table book, the 50th Anniversary US Open Tennis Book is full of great images and stories from one of the biggest pro tennis tournaments in the world. Any long time tennis fan would appreciate this gift.
The Best Tennis Gifts for Ladies: Jewelry, Tennis Bags, & the Best Apparel
Ladies who play tennis will likely want something that can either help their tennis game, or that they can enjoy between matches.
Vessel Tennis Bags Make a Stylish High-End Gift for Ladies
The Vessel Baseline Tote Bag is a stylish tennis bag that comes in several different colors. It is great for ladies who play at local clubs and can easily hold two racquets plus tennis gear. Vessel makes some of the highest quality tennis bags in the sport.
Vessel’s Baseline Tennis Bag is another great option for more competitive tennis players who carry more than two racquets or who travel.
Read our full Vessel tennis bag reviews for more info.
Gift Women’s Tennis Jewelry, Clothes, & Apparel
The best tennis jewelry can be found at Hit Happy Tennis. Their Perfect Tennis Necklace has over 70 5-star reviews and makes for a great gift for ladies who love tennis.
Ace the Moon is a California-style tennis apparel brand with fun designs and t-shirts that make great tennis gifts. This Ace the Moon Tennis Shirt is a must-see. Use coupon code: TRIBE to get 20% off this shirt and other awesome tennis apparel.
If the lady you’re shopping for loves clothes, a great selection of women’s tennis clothes can be found at Tennis Warehouse.
- These Nike Tennis Skirts are great for playing tennis in hot weather, and their Victory Skirt is rated one of our best tennis skirts.
- Nike also makes Tennis Leggings and High-Quality Tennis Pants for ladies getting ready for the winter season.
- You can also check out their Adidas Women’s Tennis Gear which includes many tops and dresses worn by professional WTA players that would make a great gift.
See all women’s tennis clothes from Tennis Warehouse here.
Low Priced Tennis Gifts for Women
For people on a budget, here are three great tennis gift ideas.
- K Bell Socks come in four styles so you can find one that she loves.
- This Tennis and Wine tumbler is a funny gift for wine or cocktail drinkers and comes in 12 colors.
- The Tennis Ball Bath Bombs are a great third option as well.
Stop paying full price for tennis gear! Get deals on shoes, racquets & more up to 70% off.
The Best Tennis Gifts for Men: Tennis Bags, Shorts, & Off-Court Gift Ideas
For male tennis players, the best gift ideas will either be a practical gift they can use on the tennis court or a fun gift for off the court.
On-Court Gifts for Men
Here are a few on-court tennis gift ideas for men.
- For competitive tennis players, the Vessel Tennis Bag is a great gift. This bag holds up to 6 tennis racquets and has plenty of room for other gear that avid tennis players need. If you’re buying a gift for someone who travels to tournaments or plays local leagues, this is a great gift.
- The Geau Sport Tennis Backpack is a great tennis bag for beginners or recreational players who only carry one or two racquets. Since Geau Sport only makes tennis bags, the brand pairs well with any racquets or other tennis gear.
- You can also consider purchasing the best tennis shorts, which make a safe gift that you know they will use. Nike and Adidas are the most popular brands, but look at the Lacoste tennis shorts for a higher-end option.
- This new Ace the Moon Tennis Hat makes a great gift for men, women, and juniors.
- Our list of the best shoes for tennis has great men’s and women’s options. Just make sure you know their shoe size.
- A Gift Card from Tennis Warehouse is another safe option that they’re sure to use. They have the largest selection of tennis gear including racquets, shoes, strings, grips, apparel, and more.
Off-Court Gifts for Men
Gifts they can use off the tennis court are a little harder to find.
- This Tennis Pint Glass for beer drinkers is a simple gift that they’ll be able to use when they’re watching Federer or Nadal on TV.
- This Tennis Drink Tumbler from Hit Happy Tennis is great for any beverage. It is 20 oz., stainless steel, and comes in 13 different colors.
- These Funny Tennis Socks are perfect for tennis fans who like to watch pro tennis from the couch.
Tennis Gifts for Toddlers, Teens, and Junior Players
If you’re shopping for a younger tennis player, check out the gift ideas below.
- For girls, these Tennis Hair Ties make a great gift that they can use during practice or matches.
- For all junior players who are learning tennis, the Topspin Pro is the best training aid on the market for teaching the important skill of topspin. They can use it at home or at the courts. If you’re buying for a junior player who is serious about improving, this is an amazing gift. Read more about this training aid in our Topspin Pro review.
- Another great training aid is the Functional Tennis Pointer. This tool helps players improve their hand-eye coordination and technique.
- If you’re shopping for someone under 12 years old, a new junior tennis racquet can make a great gift as well. They come in a wide range of prices for any budget.
Shop the Best Tennis Gear for More Gift Ideas
If you still aren’t sure which gift is right for the tennis player in your life, you can read our tennis gear reviews to find something you know they’ll love.
Here are some of our gear review articles that might help.
- 6 Best Tennis Racquets for Beginners
- 7 Best Tennis Racquets for Intermediate Players
- 6 Best Tennis Racquets for Advanced Players
- Best Shoes for Tennis (Men & Women)
- Best Tennis Bags
- Best Tennis Ball Machines
- Best Sunglasses for Tennis
- Best Tennis Shorts
By now, you should be able to find the best tennis gift possible for the person in your life who loves the sport as much as we do!
Leave a Reply