This is a strategy episode for league or tournament doubles players who struggle to make adjustments during a match.
If you’ve ever been down in a match, knowing something needs to change, but not sure how to dig yourself out of the hole you’re in, this is for you.
- Learn how to create a winning gameplan for a specific opponent.
- Find out how to seek out the weaknesses of the other team, no matter your skill level.
- I also discuss 3 stories of in-match adjustments I’ve made to help illustrate how you can do the same.
After you listen, download the On-Court Doubles Playbook to create a strategy you can use to beat a specific team.
25 Winning Doubles Tactics Guaranteed to Help You Play Smarter
Ebook with 25 expert serve (7), return (5), net-play (5), baseline (4), & approach (4) tactics you can use in your next doubles match.
Show Notes from this Podcast
Here are some of the things I mention in this podcast episode:
- Episode 013: How to Beat a Pusher or Lobber in Doubles
- Episode 006: Serve Team Strategy for Doubles
- Here’s the new framework I discuss in this episode.
Keep in mind that the USTA ratings are not exact, just a ballpark skill level for each variable. Choose the variable that best applies to your game, and work on the higher levels in practice.
- Level 1: USTA 2.0 – Team vs Team
- Level 2: USTA 2.5 – Player vs Player (direction)
- Level 3: USTA 3.0 – Forehands & Backhands (direction)
- Level 4: USTA 3.5 – Depth & height
- Level 5: USTA 4.0 – Pace
- Level 6: USTA 4.5 – Spin
- All Levels: Positioning
- Get Your On-Court Strategy Playbook Here!