In this episode, I talk about practicing specifically for doubles. We should be practicing the things that will help us improve on the match court. So, how can we create drills and games around that?
I also talk about why our mentality during practice should be different than during a match. We actually want to be making errors in practice. Then, I discuss different drills and games you can do with two or four people.
By the end of this episode, you should have a better idea of how you can be more effective with your practice time and improve your doubles game faster.
Show Notes from this Podcast
*To help support The Tennis Tribe & provide more free content like this, we may earn a percentage of purchases through the links below. See our affiliate page for more info.
Here are some of the things I mention in this podcast episode:
- Craig O’Shannessy interview – his website is Brain Game Tennis
- Warren Pretorius is the owner of Tennis Analytics
- Blog: Nadal’s Practice Strategy
- Eric Butorac interview
- I use these resistance bands (I have the orange and red ones)
- On Court Training Lines from Tennis Warehouse*
- The 1-up 1-back volley drill (excuse our dog barking in the background)
- Joel Drucker interview
- Gigi Fernandez interview
- The best tennis ball machines