Do you struggle to win big matches? Or not know how to prepare? In this episode, I discuss what I’ve learned over the years that helps me prepare for big matches.
- How should we practice the week before the big match?
- Should I do more drills or match play?
- What is the best way to warm up?
I’ve interviewed some of the best doubles players and coaches in the world. I use their knowledge to answer all these questions and share what has worked for me to win the big doubles matches. Learn my favorite tools for warming up, what I eat, and my exact practice routine for the day before.
How do you prepare for big matches? Leave your favorite routines & tips in the comments below.
25 Winning Doubles Tactics Guaranteed to Help You Play Smarter
Ebook with 25 expert serve (7), return (5), net-play (5), baseline (4), & approach (4) tactics you can use in your next doubles match.
Show Notes from this Podcast
*To help support The Tennis Tribe & provide more free content like this, we may earn a percentage of purchases through the links below. See our affiliate page for more info.
- I use resistance bands and exercises from ResistanceBandTraining.com
- I use this jump rope from Amazon*
- Recently, I subscribed to gymnasticbodies.com and use their stretch routines to warm up
- Winning Ugly by Brad Gilbert*
- Podcast: How to Win More Tiebreakers (& Dance with the Nerves)
- Podcast: How to Create a Gameplan & Make In-Match Adjustments