In this interview, Will discusses everything racquets with Michelle Heidbrink, a specialist at Tennis Warehouse. Michelle, after growing up playing tennis and playing at the University of New Mexico, has dedicated her life to making sure that tennis players of every level purchase the right gear for their game.
We talk about the importance of demos, the different types of strings, common mistakes people make in picking a racquet, and several racquet suggestions.
No matter what type or level of player you are, this episode has suggestions for you.
Some of the important questions we answer are:
- What type of strings are the best option for my game?
- How do I avoid common gear mistakes?
- If I’m “x” type of player, what racquet best suits me?
If you have any questions/concerns about gear or other tennis-related items, contact Tennis Warehouse at 1.800.883.6647 to speak with a specialist.
25 Winning Doubles Tactics Guaranteed to Help You Play Smarter
Ebook with 25 expert serve (7), return (5), net-play (5), baseline (4), & approach (4) tactics you can use in your next doubles match.
Show Notes from this Podcast
*To help support The Tennis Tribe & provide more free content like this, we may earn a percentage of purchases through the links below. See our affiliate page for more info.
- Follow Tennis Warehouse on YouTube, Twitter, & Instagram
- Mistakes When Looking for a Racquet
- Choosing a racquet that your favorite player uses
- Feeling obligated to use a racquet your friend suggests
- Not demoing several racquets
- Racquet Suggestions
- 2.5/3.0: Babolat Evoke 102, Babolat Boost Aero, Yonex Ezone Ace, Head Graphene XT Radical S, Babolat Evo Drive Lite, Yonex Astrel 100, Prince Twistpower X105, and Head Racial S
- 3.5/4.0: Yonex Ezone 100, Babolat Pure Drive, Babolat Pure Aero, and Prince Ripstick 100
- Older Players: Wilson Pro Staff 100 & Babolat Pure Drive 110
- Younger, Athletic Players: Head Speed MP, Head Extreme, and Head Instinct MP
- Transitioning from 4.0 to 4.5+: Babolat Pure Strike 100 & Head Speed
- Net Friendy: Prince Phantom, Yonex VCore, Yonex Ezone, Head Radical MP, and Head Boom
- Arm Friendly: Prince Phantom, Wilson Clash, Head Gravity, Yonex Ezone
- Michelle’s Favorites
- Other People Mentioned