Today we discuss one of the most common questions from listeners of the show – how do I beat a team that lobs? How do I defend against the pusher?
There are three key points we cover to help you with this:
- Practice your overheads!
- How do we defend or position ourselves against the lob?
- How do we prevent the lob in the first place?
Show Notes from this Podcast
Here are some of the things I mention in this podcast episode:
- Improve your overheads with these videos.
- Tennis Overhead Smash – How To Hit The Perfect Smash In 3 Steps
- How to Hit BETTER Overheads
- More overhead video lessons
- One tip that helped my overheads is to accelerate my racquet up towards the ball. I always had tried throwing my racquet in the direction of the target toward the other side of the net, but that created a loss of power. Now, I focus on throwing my racquet up towards the ball and generate more power as a result.
- Listen: Podcast Interview with Gigi Fernandez
- Video: How To Beat A Lobber In Doubles In 3 Steps [Seek & Destroy Strategy!]
- Blog Post: Women’s Tennis Blog: Doubles tennis tips: How to finally beat the lobber