I interviewed Nicole Melichar last summer, so this is her second appearance on the show.
In this episode, I catch Nicole from Melbourne, a few weeks before the Australian Open. She is in quarantine and is only allowed to leave her room for five hours per day.
Last summer when I spoke to her she was number 19 in the world, now she is all the way up to number 11. We talk about how quarantine is going in Melbourne and what her plans are for 2021 – she is playing with a new partner this year.
We also talk about her fall season where she did really well. She made the final of the US Open and Cincinnati Open, won in Strasbourg, and made the semis of the French Open.
After that, we dive deep into doubles strategy.
- Return strategy from the deuce court.
- How to return against someone who serves & stays back.
- Returning against a serve & volley player.
- Positioning & movement for the returner’s partner.
- Serve strategy in the deuce & ad courts including different formations.
- How to play vs two players at the net.
- And a lot more…
Ebook: Comprehensive 55-page guide to serve strategy for doubles players
Learn to hide your weaknesses, force return errors, and create game plans with your doubles partner to hold serve more easily.
Interview Notes from this Podcast
*To help support The Tennis Tribe & provide more free content like this, we may earn a percentage of purchases through the links below. See our affiliate page for more info.
- Follow Nicole on Twitter | Instagram
- Listen to my first interview with Nicole Melichar
- She played World Team Tennis.
- Nicole is in quarantine preparing for the Australian Open
- She plans to play with Demi Schuurs for the entire 2021 season
- More doubles strategy from The Tennis Tribe
- Podcast: Serve Strategy for Doubles – Episode 006
- Podcast: Return Strategies for Doubles – Episode 007
- Blog Post: Guide to Serve Strategy for Doubles
- Blog Post: Guide to Return Strategies for Doubles
- Video: 3 Serving Formations for Doubles
- Video: 9 Return of Serve Strategies
- Watch more videos on our YouTube Channel
Leave a Reply