Caroline Dolehide is one of the top rising American women on the WTA tour. At only 23 years old, she is currently number 27 in the world in doubles, and top 200 in singles with a career-high of 102.
I talked with Caroline at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden after she played a World Team Tennis match for the San Diego Aviators.
In this conversation, she reveals the “no longer secret” return signals that she uses with Coco Vandeweghe. We also chat about her plans for 2022, strategy for 40-40 deciding points including how she visualizes the point, and we even make a bet that I think she won in their next match.
You’ll also learn a bit about how a young player manages choosing singles vs doubles on tour. This is a really fun conversation and a great opportunity for you to get to know one of America’s top doubles players of the future.
Ebook: 25 Winning Doubles Tactics Guaranteed to Help You Play Smarter
25 expert serve (7), return (5), net-play (5), baseline (4), & approach (4) tactics you can use in your next doubles match.
Show Notes from this Podcast
*To help support The Tennis Tribe & provide more free content like this, we may earn a percentage of purchases through the links below. See our affiliate page for more info.
- Follow Caroline on Instagram
- She played World Team Tennis for the San Diego Aviators
- The Aviators are coached by John Lloyd
- Caroline and Coco Vandeweghe teamed up for the Aviators’ women’s doubles line. They also played in the Billie Jean King Cup.
- She played mixed doubles with Will Blumberg
- She plans to play doubles with Storm Sanders
- She won the Pan America games Usue Arconada
- Caroline’s Favorites
- Tournament: Indian Wells Masters
- Tennis book: Winning Ugly
- Non-tennis book: The Woman in the Window
- Video of Coco Vandeweghe’s match winning shot at 2020 World Team Tennis
Leave a Reply