Alexa Guarachi, fresh off the WTA Finals in Guadalajara, is one of the top doubles players on the pro tour.
In this episode, I chat with the world #13 about competing on the pro tour, her background, and doubles strategy.
This is a short conversation that you can learn a lot from, including:
- How always smiling helps Alexa play better doubles, and what showing frustration does for an opponent.
- How to use playing with a lefty to your strategic advantage.
- How to handle deciding “no-ad” points when you’re returning and serving.
We also discuss what it was like for her to play in the altitude (Guadalajara is 5,200 feet), her plans for the 2022 season, and more.
25 Winning Doubles Tactics Guaranteed to Help You Play Smarter
Ebook with 25 expert serve (7), return (5), net-play (5), baseline (4), & approach (4) tactics you can use in your next doubles match.
Show Notes from this Podcast
*To help support The Tennis Tribe & provide more free content like this, we may earn a percentage of purchases through the links below. See our affiliate page for more info.
- Follow Alexa on Twitter | Instagram
- Alexa played the WTA Finals with Desirae Krawczyk
- Playing the 2021 World Team Tennis season for the Chicago Smash
- She grew up in Destin, Florida
- Played tennis at the University of Alabama
- She plans to play the 2022 season with former podcast guest Nicole Melichar
- Alexa’s Favorites