In this interview, we chat with the Founder/CEO of SwingVision, Swupnil Sahai. Before creating the SwingVision App, longtime tennis player and fan, Sahai worked at Tesla.
The SwingVision App allows tennis players to record matches using AI for automated scoring, stats, and even line calls.
By simply setting their iPhone up behind the baseline, players are able to use this data to analyze and improve their game in real-time.
In this conversation, we talk about how the app can help you including:
- How to challenge line calls so you don’t get cheated 😉
- Why using video analysis is the fastest way to improve your game.
- What the differences are between different levels of players.
- How to use the app to analyze your game and get better.
We also discuss how Swupnil got into tennis, what he thinks the future of SwingVision is, and why he thinks college tennis might be a gateway to making doubles more popular.
Hold Your Serve Easier Than Ever!
Comprehensive 55-page guide to serve strategy for doubles players
Interview Notes from this Podcast
*To help support The Tennis Tribe & provide more free content like this, we may earn a percentage of purchases through the links below. See our affiliate page for more info.
- Follow SwingVision on Instagram & YouTube
- Download the SwingVision App
- What is SwingVision?
- SwingVision is an app that allows players to use their phones to get data like the pros.
- It allows you to record matches, analyze your game, and improve.
- Eventually, you’ll be able to receive remote coaching, stream your matches, and receive advice in real-time.
- Challenging Line Calls
- SwingVision allows you to use your smartwatch to challenge calls.
- The app can see points at a higher frame rate, making it slower and easier to analyze.
- User Data
- To learn more about what the following user data means and how it is determined, listen to the episode.
- Data from Swing Vision.
- Forehand in %: 75.32% | Speed: 40.87mph
- Backhand in %: 73.36% | Speed: 39.57mph
- Ground Stroke Beyond Service Line %: 37.61% | Speed: 40.38mph
- Serve Speed: 58.85mph
- NTRP 2.5:
- Forehand in %: 73.19% | Speed: 40.33mph
- Backhand in %: 71.47% | Speed: 38.41mph
- Ground Stroke Beyond Service Line %: 35.65% | Speed: 39.71mph
- Serve Speed: 52.21mph
- NTRP 3.0:
- Forehand in %: 74.24% | Speed: 40.42mph
- Backhand in %: 72.66% | Speed: 38.92mph
- Ground Stroke Beyond Service Line %: 36.66% | Speed: 40.04mph
- Serve Speed: 55.3mph
- NTRP 3.5:
- Forehand in %: 74.45% | Speed: 40.69mph
- Backhand in %: 73.01% | Speed: 39.39mph
- Ground Stroke Beyond Service Line %: 37.57% | Speed: 40.04mph
- Serve Speed: 56.97mph
- NTRP 4.0:
- Forehand in %: 75.37% | Speed: 41.47mph
- Backhand in %: 73.47% | Speed: 39.68mph
- Ground Stroke Beyond Service Line %: 37.76% | Speed: 40.8mph
- Serve Speed: 60.29mph
- NTRP 4.5:
- Forehand in %: 75.53% | Speed: 42.55mph
- Backhand in %: 73.98% | Speed: 40.09mph
- Ground Stroke Beyond Service Line %: 38.59% | Speed: 41.23mph
- Serve Speed: 63.58mph
- Forehand in %: 75.78% | Speed: 42.98mph
- Backhand in %: 74.04% | Speed: 41.46mph
- Ground Stroke Beyond Service Line %: 38.65% | Speed: 41.94mph
- Serve Speed: 64.21mph
- Forehand in %: 75.8% | Speed: 43.11mph
- Backhand in %: 74.26% | Speed: 42.44mph
- Ground Stroke Beyond Service Line %: 39.96% | Speed: 41.99mph
- Serve Speed: 64.63mph
- Forehand in %: 76.79% | Speed: 44.38mph
- Backhand in %: 77.63% | Speed: 43.33mph
- Ground Stroke Beyond Service Line %: 40.69% | Speed: 43.98mph
- Serve Speed: 66.19mph
- Forehand in %: 79.97% | Speed: 45.88mph
- Backhand in %: 78.98% | Speed: 44mph
- Ground Stroke Beyond Service Line %: 42.61% | Speed: 45.12mph
- Serve Speed: 67.42mph
- Swupnil’s Favorites
- Other People & Things Mentioned