Quinn Gleason is the WTA’s #107 ranked doubles player. She reached the top 100 for the first time in 2023. Quinn played college tennis at Notre Dame. I chatted with Quinn during the Australian Open while she was wrapping up some off-season training.
In this conversation, we discuss the balance of managing a WTA and ITF schedule since Quinn qualifies for some but not all WTA events. We also discuss Quinn’s off-season preparations and the impact of the ever-changing ITF and WTA landscape on players like her.
Quinn also shares:
- How WTA players choose doubles partners from week to week.
- What her ideal doubles partner’s skill-set would include.
- Her experience playing in front of a packed house on Grandstand at the US Open against Coco Gauff & Jessica Pegula.
- What she thinks she needs to take the next leap into the top 50. I loved her answer to this.
- How she’s improving her forehand return by training with a shorter backswing.
Finally, we discuss Quinn’s favorite tournament, books, and tackle the challenges and potential of doubles, advocating for increased visibility and popularity of the sport.
MOST POPULAR COURSE!
25 Winning Doubles Tactics
Guaranteed to help you play smarter & win more matches.
- Over 50 video doubles lessons
- 60+ ATP & WTA points analyzed
- Nearly 3 hours of strategy content
Will Boucek – ATP & WTA Doubles Strategy Analyst.
Interview Notes from this Podcast
*To help support The Tennis Tribe & provide more free content like this, we may earn a percentage of purchases through the links below. See our affiliate page for more info.