Joel Myers is a USPTA Elite Professional tennis coach, the 2021 USPTA San Diego Pro of the Year, and the tennis director at Coronado Tennis Center in San Diego, California. He also is a former Division 1 college player from Australia with professional aspirations before injuries ended his career early. Joel also has nearly 120,000 followers on Instagram (@joel_myers_tennis), where he shares his coaching advice.
In this episode, Joel and I discuss club-level doubles tactics, from common positional errors to shot selection, and more.
Joel also covers:
- Specific skills that 3.0 to 4.0 level players need to develop.
- How to build confidence at the net.
- The annoying ending problem of dealing with pushers.
- Winning with a partner whose skill set may not match your own.
- How to use the slice approach shot effectively.
- Overcoming the hurdles of adjusting long-held habits.
You’ll also hear Joel and I debate if the better player should play deuce or ad, weighing the psychology of high-pressure points against the advantage of more return opportunities. You’ll get plenty of actionable doubles advice in this episode.
MOST POPULAR COURSE!
25 Winning Doubles Tactics
Guaranteed to help you play smarter & win more matches.
- Over 50 video doubles lessons
- 60+ ATP & WTA points analyzed
- Nearly 3 hours of strategy content
Will Boucek – ATP & WTA Doubles Strategy Analyst.
Interview Notes from this Podcast
*To help support The Tennis Tribe & provide more free content like this, we may earn a percentage of purchases through the links below. See our affiliate page for more info.