In this interview, we chat with online tennis coach and the founder of Essential Tennis, Ian Westermann. Ian has worked as an online tennis coach full-time since 2011, helping players globally perfect their game.
On May 31st, he will be releasing a new book, Essential Tennis, culminating everything he has learned from coaching and playing tennis.
In this conversation, we talk about a few of the chapters in his book.
- The #1 reason you don’t improve and how to fix it.
- Doubles therapy to make you a better partner.
- Beating yourself 6-0, 6-0 to better understand your game.
We also discuss how Ian got into tennis, how he started Essential Tennis, and, of course, how to make doubles more popular. This episode is a must-listen for any tennis players who are serious about improving their game.
This 71-page Ebook will skyrocket your return game
Proven Return Strategies Against Any Type of Server
EVERYTHING I know about return strategy. I teach this information to 3.0 club players and ATP/WTA top 10 doubles teams.
Show Notes from this Podcast
*To help support The Tennis Tribe & provide more free content like this, we may earn a percentage of purchases through the links below. See our affiliate page for more info.
- Follow Essential Tennis on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter
- Pre-order Ian’s new book here
- The #1 Reason People Don’t Improve
- Although you may think it is the cost, time, and/or athletic ability, the ball is the biggest obstacle.
- You’ll learn the difference between feel & real and how to improve tremendously.
- Doubles Therapy
- Treat your doubles relationships like any other good relationship and quit playing “2-man singles”.
- Also learn how to play with partners of different levels.
- Beating Yourself 6-0, 6-0
- In this section, you’ll hone in on your strengths and weaknesses and make realistic steps towards quick improvement.
- Plus, you’ll learn the benefits of a tennis journal and how it can help your game.
- Ian’s Favorites
- Other People Mentioned